Managing your Followings Portfolio
Here you can see the core statistics of all of your active Followings as well as Following history. Click on a Following under 'Current holdings' to access the information page for that Following:
Here you can manage your Followings:
The Take Profit option allows Followers to lock in profits of their Following and instantly start a new Following without losing their place in the Strategy:
When activating Take Profit, these actions will occur:
- The active Following will be stopped;
- Profit will be distributed according to the profit share offer for the Following;
- A new Following will be started with the same Initial equity
- A re-entry fee equal to 1% of Initial equity will be deducted from Wallet balance, if applicable
Take Profit can be activated ONLY if a Following's profit level is equal to or above +5%. When automatically re-entering a Strategy with a new Following, an entry fee equal to 1% of the initial Equity is deducted from Wallet balance.
The Stop Loss feature allows followers to set a Stop Loss for their following. This feature can be used to automatically cancel a Following at a selected Profit %.
Stop Loss value must be set LOWER than the current P/L of your following and must be an integer (i.e. no decimal places).
For example, if the current P/L of your following is +35% you can set the Stop loss to any value from +34% and LOWER. The Stop Loss will then automatically stop your Following if your P/L drops to or below your Stop Loss level.
A confirmation prompt will now pop up. Once you click 'Confirm', your request to stop a Following will then be processed within 1 minute, after which your Following will be stopped.
A Following can also be stopped automatically if the Strategy manager decides to close the Strategy, or via liquidation, should profitability of the Strategy drop below -99,99%.
As a Follower you may also share your Followings on social media channels and groups. To share a Following, go to the 'Portfolio' page and choose the Following you wish to share. Click the 'Share Following' button
in the upper right corner of the Following description page. A pop-up menu with the Following link will appear:
Navigate to the Copy-trading section > Portfolio and select the desired Following:
Click on the
button to open a special 'Share' sub-menu:
Click on the blue 'Share' button to share your Following. Once the Following has been shared, click on the
button to close the 'Share' sub-menu.
Portfolio reflects the history of previous Followings as well as active Followings and their statistics, including: - Total profit (Unrealized P/L of an active following) - Total profit, % (Unrealized P/L of an active following in percentage) - Today's profit (Unrealized P/L of an active following since 00:00 UTC) - Today's profit, % (Unrealized P/L of an active following since 00:00 UTC in percentage) - Initial equity (Initial amount of Funds allocated to a Following) - Equity (Initial amount of Funds allocated to a Following + Unrealized P/L)
Sometimes a slippage of Profit % may be observed when a Following is stopped.
It may occur as slippage of a Following's Stop Loss, or as a significant difference between the Following's Profit value at the moment the Stop button was pressed and the actual settlement of the Following.
For example, a stop loss was set at -10%, but the final Profit % of the stopped Following turned out to be -15%. Or a Following stop was requested when it showed 25% profit, but when the Following was closed, its Profit turned out to be 20%.
There are two factors that may lead to such slippage and affect its magnitude:
- 1.Profit % of a Strategy and all its Followings are evaluated at 1-minute intervals - rollovers. Market prices may change significantly in 1 minute during periods of high volatility.
- 2.Trades on the Strategy account are leveraged ones. Trading with leverage may lead to the multiplier effect for the Profit % of Strategy. For example, If the manager entered a trade with 1:50 leverage, a 1% change in the asset’s price may lead to 50% change in Strategy Profit %.
- 1.A Follower set a Stop Loss for a Following to -10%. At the same time, the Strategy manager opened a position with 1:10 leverage against capital in BTC/USD.
- 2.At 10:00am the Following’s loss was -5%. Stop Loss was not triggered, because the loss (-5%) is above the stop level (-10%). However, at 10:00am BTC/USD price started to fall and by 10:01am it dropped by 1%, which led to 10% drop in Strategy’s Profit % due to the 1:10 leverage used by the Strategy manager.
- 3.Because the Profit % calculation is performed in 1-minute rollovers, the next value was evaluated at 10:01am, and it recorded Strategy Profit being 10% less than the previous value. Consequently, the Following’s profit at 10:01am rollover was -15%. There were no intermediate Profit % values.
As a result, at the 10:00am rollover, the Following's profit was -5%. At the 10:01am rollover, the Following’s profit was -15%, and there were no other intermediate values. The Stop loss was triggered at 10:01am and it stopped the Following at a -15% loss.